nanog mailing list archives

RE: Hijacked IP space.

From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 07:51:53 -0800

Those options are not mutually exclusive, and, while I agree that
it would be better if the RIR's accepted generic GPG keys along
the lines of what RADB does, the X.509 certificate is not a bad
first step.  At least it's better than Mail-From or Crypt-PW.
Should we, as a community, register with RIR's with PGP.
Each of the RIRs has either already established, or is in the
process of establishing, a CA for that purpose.  Please use
them.
thanks, but i choose to have my peers certify my identity, not the
rirs

the rirs already accept pgp certs.  and i use them, as do all
security-conscious registrants.  i was disagreeing with woody's
pushing x.509 certs to the exclusion of pgp certs.

randy
---
A: Why is top posting frowned upon?