nanog mailing list archives

Re: .mil domain

From: Tony Rowley <rowley () netaxs com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 14:17:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Dan Hollis wrote:

On Fri, 30 May 2003, John Payne wrote:
--On Friday, May 30, 2003 21:15 +0800 Steve Waddington <stevew () onet com au>
wrote:
Our whole netblock 202.154.64.0/18 seems to be barred from anything
.mil.  Domain name resolution, MX, IP traceroute, the lot.
Anyone able to shed any light on this?
In recent times, a lot of .mil have thrown up a whole bunch of null routes
to large sections of international address space.  Good luck getting them
removed

Maybe the rest of the net should return the favor and drop .mil routes
until they decide to get working abuse@ and postmaster@ addresses. They
seem to think its fine that .mil boxes can spam and attack civilian
networks and apparently arent interested in hearing the complaints.

 I can't and won't speak for others, but when i was handling abuse issues
I never once had a problem making contact with responsible people at .mil
sites to get issues addressed. 9 times out of 10 it took all of one phone
call or one email.

Tony Rowley               |  "To confine our attention to terrestrial
Lansdowne PA USA          | matters would be to limit the human spirit."
rowley () netaxs com         |      -- Professor Stephen Hawking