nanog mailing list archives

[no subject]

On Thu, 29 May 2003, Dan Hollis wrote:

On Thu, 29 May 2003, Gerald wrote:
On Thu, 29 May 2003, Bill Woodcock wrote:
I've seen two previous APCs (both Matrixes) fry batteries...  The
batteries balloon up, and get really hot, and are too big to extract from
the chassis.
I've also personally witnessed an APC do this. I'm not a fan of APC.
They sent us a replacement APC but I still prefer the rack mount Tripp
Lites we used at the last company I worked for.

Anyone had experience with Belkin UPSes? Theyre much cheaper than APC,
and seem to have a longer runtime. I wonder about the long term
reliability though. Data points would be helpful.

-Dan
--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]

-- Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, alex () nac net, latency, Al Reuben --
--    Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net   --