nanog mailing list archives

Re: Communities BCP [was: RE: BGP Path Filtering]

From: "Charles H. Gucker" <cgucker () cv net>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 19:15:47 -0400

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 04:45:11PM -0500, Ejay Hire wrote:
The config bits that follow are from memory, so no guarantees of syntax
accuracy.  If anyone knows how I can have an Item matched multiple times
in the route-map I would appreciate a reply.  I.e. if a customer wanted
to send xxxx:100 and xxxx:1, currently I would match on the xxxx:1 and
the localpref change would not be applied.  Thanks in advance to whoever
comes up with this gem.

        Actually you can accomplish this by using additive (but you would have to
make sure all "bad" communities are caught and the values reset to a valid 'standard'
route prior).  This would allow you to know anything past this point is a valid,
acceptable community which would leave you with checking  null0, then local pref's
and setting it properly..

I can supply a config, if folks are interested.

Thanks,
charles