nanog mailing list archives

Re: Who is announcing bogons?

From: Hank Nussbacher <hank () att net il>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 20:41:49 +0300 (IDT)

On Thu, 1 May 2003 bmanning () karoshi com wrote:

net 39 was left in my care by my previous boss.

that time is past, and the purpose for which this was allocated was met,
and you can return the block to IANA now.

      yes, and it looks like nearly all the cruft that was put into
      play around that prefix is nearly gone.when its well and
      truely dead, I'll be happy to turn it in.

If all the cruft is nearly gone, why is there a need to still announce
39.0.0.0/8?  Can you perhaps explain what EP/IX needs to have 39.0.0.0/8
to be globally routed?  Curious minds would like to know.

--bill

-Hank