nanog mailing list archives

Re: Using Policy Routing to stop DoS attacks

From: Haesu <haesu () towardex com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 12:27:59 -0500 (EST)

i am not really sure what kind of traffic we are talking about,
but if its around 100Mbits/sec or so bandwidth, TurboACL should do it just
fine (around ~20% or lower CPU usage on a 7206VXR with NPE-G1)

most likely the pps would kill the 5500 long before the bps :( especially
if you want to route/acl it.

yea you're right.. for that "100Mbits/sec" bps i mentioned, the pps at
that rate was around 20,000 pps inbound as well as 18,000 pps outbound.

-hc

-hc