nanog mailing list archives

Re: NJ: Red alert? Stay home, await word

From: "J.A. Terranson" <measl () mfn org>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 19:40:31 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Jeff Wasilko wrote:

http://www.southjerseynews.com/issues/march/m031603e.htm

If the nation escalates to "red alert," which is the highest in
the color-coded readiness against terror, you will be assumed by
authorities to be the enemy if you so much as venture outside
your home, the state's anti-terror czar says.

"You literally are staying home, is what happens, unless you are required to
be out. No different than if you had a state of emergency with a
snowstorm."

Except that in a snow storm, I can go out if I want to, and not face criminal
liability.  Are they planning to at least go through the farce of declaring
martial law first?

--
Yours,
J.A. Terranson