nanog mailing list archives

Re: Mailing list for AADS participants

From: Jeff Bartig <jeffb () doit wisc edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:24:14 -0500

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 06:12:21PM -0500, John Kristoff wrote:
Regardless of what many of you may think of AADS generally, are
there people who would be interested in joining an AADS mailing
list, primarily to be used for broadcasting downtime notices or
for discussing Chicago NAP specific issues.

Perhaps a mailing list for other specific exchanges may be in
order also and I'll entertain hosting those as well, but I'm
presently interested in AADS since that is where we are at.

Please reply offline.  If there appears to be enough interest
I'll setup the list and make a single announcement here.  Please
pass this on to others as appropriate.

People still use the AADS NAP?  :-(  All of the departures are
getting frustrating, especially after we upgraded our full OC-3
to an OC-12.  All our big peers went bankrupt or depeered with
us after that.

Sure, I would like to join this type of list.  It is too bad
that SBC doesn't already run a list like this or make any
effort to promote peering at the NAP.  Have you gotten any
other interest in it?

Jeff

--
Jeff Bartig                  |  University of Wisconsin - Madison
jeffb () doit wisc edu          |  Division of Information Technology