nanog mailing list archives

Re: companies like microsoft and telia...

From: Fearghas McKay <fm-lists () st-kilda org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:16:21 +0100

At 7:59 -0700 26/6/03, Kevin Oberman wrote:
This is true in the US (except, possibly, in Louisiana) where British
common law is the basis of the system. Louisiana law is based on the
Napoleonic Code and is supposed to be very different, but I can't say
for sure. I assume that the UK has similar common law since ours come
from there.

UK law is not a single homogenous entity. There is English common law which
is what you are referring to as British common law, Scotland has its own
seperate legal system that is based on Roman law.

There is no UK common law just English common law.