nanog mailing list archives

Re: IRR/RADB and BGP

From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:39:54 -0700

Our new ISP is asking that I create a maintainer object in the
RADB and associated AS/Routes for us to be about to eBGP peer.

congrats.  you got a quality provider who cares about good safe
routing practice.

Is this just so they can dynamically build their prefix/as-path
lists?

i would hope they do.

Why would I need to do this and what advantages are there.  Cost
to register with RADB is $250/year and I want to understand it
before I shell out.

the providers i know who want irr registration provide their own
registry for their customers.  if yours does not, there are free
registries around.

randy