nanog mailing list archives

Re: Windows DCOM exploit (was Re: What you don't want to hear from a peer)

From: George Bakos <gbakos () ists dartmouth edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:01:16 -0400

HD Moore released one today that returns a Local System shell on port 4444. I've run it in the lab and, as expected of
all HD code, works consistantly.

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 15:56:57 -0400
"Ingevaldson, Dan (ISS Atlanta)" <dsi () iss net> wrote:

George-

Which exploit are you referring to?  There are several floating around.
Many of them are misrepresented as MS03-026 exploits.  There was another
vulnerability disclosed that only causes a DoS condition--no remote
compromise.

Regards,
Daniel Ingevaldson
Engineering Manager, X-Force R&D