nanog mailing list archives

Re: National Do Not Call Registry has opened

From: "Petri Helenius" <pete () he iki fi>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 11:28:05 +0200

It was occasionally amusing to keep them on the phone for about half an
hour, and then say "of course, you realise this is an international
call, there's no way I can buy what you're selling, and in fact this is
costing you vast sums of money". Until I realised that they thought
"international" meant out-of-state, and that they thought New Zealand
was a town in Southern California.

And bulk buying international minutes to non-regulated destinations costs
you less than a consumer pays for interstate call within the US.

So if you time is worth less than $2 an hour, go ahead :-) If the event
you describe happened 10 years ago, you actually did some good.

Pete