nanog mailing list archives

Re: DWDM interconnects

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 01:08:07 -0500

On Mon, 06 Jan 2003 23:57:29 EST, David Diaz <techlist () smoton net>  said:

At this point it's pretty clear that unless you have 1 to 1 spare
capacity someone is going to have to see an outage.  Prioritizing
kicks in at this point.  Different service levels (ie Platinum, Gold,
Lead) kick in.  Most lead customers would likely not be protected at
this point. But these may be simple backup links for those customers.

Gee thanks Dave.. I now understand why we always get such sucky support
from vendors that care enough about us to not assign us to just any old
account rep, but give us a lead account rep..... ;)