nanog mailing list archives

Re: New worm / port 1434?

From: "Stephen J. Wilcox" <steve () telecomplete co uk>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 13:35:21 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Avleen Vig wrote:

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 12:12:37AM -0800, Mike Leber wrote:

We are seeing this too.
We are seeing the gige interfaces on multiple customer aggregation
switches at multiple locations add several hundred Mbps each.  All the
traffic is destined for udp port 1434 with a randomized source address. We
are doing "ip verify unicast source reachable-via any" which stops most of
the random addresses.  We've temporarily had to block udp port 1434.

USD10 to the first person who spots a CNN reporter speculating to Saddam's
involvement.

I didnt realise he was such a computer expert!