nanog mailing list archives

RE: Cachibility analysis software ?

From: "Yu Ning" <yuning () ctnt com cn>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 12:33:43 +0800

Abdullah,

Thanks.   We originally get this suggestion from our vendor (you know
this major player's name :-).  Then we realized, if not running WCCP
between router and cache, then the cache is unable to throw back the
request.

So a more generic question.  Can squid, or any other cache engine
support by-pass function ? or "throw" back function when it find the
request is not cacheable ?  All question under no-WCCP condition.

BTW,  Is there any cache solution, other than Cisco, or Inktomi, that
you think working well under 500~1000M  backgroud traffic ?

thanks !

Yu