nanog mailing list archives

Re: Bandwidth Control Question

From: "Charles H. Gucker" <cgucker () cv net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:06:29 -0500

Tom,
        If you are using Cisco's on both ends, you can easily do:

interface SerialX/0
 bandwidth 6144
 ip address <IP Address> 255.255.255.252
 no ip redirects
 no ip directed-broadcast
 no ip proxy-arp
 load-interval 30
 dsu bandwidth 6144
 no dsu remote accept
 scramble
 cablelength 450
 no cdp enable
!

        This configuration is specific to Cisco, but if you have
a device that is not Cisco on the other end, just look at the
dsu mode options.  Btw, this configuration will allow you to
do traffic-shaping, or rate-limiting for other things without
making it overly complicated.

thanks,
charles