nanog mailing list archives

Re: Complaint of the week: Ebay abuse mail (slightly OT)

From: Gerald <gcoon () inch com>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 15:53:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003, David G. Andersen wrote:

To add to the eternally annoying list of companies that ignore
abuse@ mail... ebay now requires that you fill in their lovely
little web form to send them a note.  Even if, say, you're
trying to let them know about another scam going around that
tries to use the machine www.hnstech.co.kr to extract people's
credit card information.

It's funny you should bring that up. I got that e-mail a few days ago, and
figured I would do the nice thing for ebay and let them chase down someone
blatantly abusing their name and ran into the same brick wall. I finally
decided their hoops to get this information to them cost more generosity
than I felt like giving. I even went to the web page they suggested to try
and give them a copy of the msg with full headers and none of their
categories at the time matched: Good willed person trying to give you
ammunition for a company abusing your name.

I gave up, and left it as their problem if they don't want to take free
help to make their case easier. If they even had an "Other" option I could
have sent it to them.

*shrug* Their loss.