nanog mailing list archives

Re: DDoS traffic

From: Matthew Sullivan <matthew () sorbs net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 00:05:09 +1000

Matthew Sullivan wrote:

My appologies if this is against the group topic (and someone please let me know so I will not post again if I come to the same position)...

Is there a member of Comcast Abuse here...

For some time now a host has been attempting to DoS (as part of a larger DDoS) one of my machines. I have a reporting script that has now been running for at least 24 hours with no change in the traffic (even Kornet has clean up their reported hosts)...

To clarify:

The reporting script is sending reports to abuse () comcast net and has been for the last 48 hours (ish).... It has a forced minimum time delay between reports to avoid flooding the address in the case of high volumes of traffic.

The reports are sent regarding a single IP addresses traffic to avoid confusion.

The script is a last resort when the DoS traffic continues unabated. I have not, nor am able to call their NOC.

Yours

Mat