nanog mailing list archives

Re: What if it doesn't affect the ISP? (was Re: What do you want your ISP to block today?)

From: "Christopher X. Candreva" <chris () westnet com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 10:54:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:

We're an ISP. I'm blocking 135 and the other netbios ports inbound on my
clients dial-up/dsl lines because if I didn't, the lines would be useless.

Sunday morning posting.  I'm blocking these ports OUTBOUND -- TO our
clients.  Their lines are being saturated by other infected hosts trying to
infect them.

Chris Candreva  -- chris () westnet com -- (914) 967-7816
http://www.westnet.com/