nanog mailing list archives

Re: cheep snmp temperature sensors

From: Joel Jaeggli <joelja () darkwing uoregon edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 08:02:29 -0700 (PDT)

picotech makes low cost serial-connected temperature/humidity monitors...
it's up to you to decide what to connect them to...

http://www.picotech.com/

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 Michael.Dillon () radianz com wrote:

I am looking for a small, cheap, simply device, that can measure temp and
be polled via SNMP. POE would be a plus.

Hmm... small, cheap, simple, pick any two?

If it's small and cheap that are most important, you could try building
your own like this:
http://www.brianlane.com/dthardware.php

Of course, that's not so simple unless you have some experience with
getting custom PCBs made and you have some sort of UNIX server at each
site to act as the SNMP agent. But it is about the smallest and cheapest
that you will find.

--Michael Dillon

--
Joel Jaeggli          Academic User Services   joelja () darkwing uoregon edu
--    PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E      --