nanog mailing list archives

RE: FW: DNS Servers

From: "Ray Burkholder" <ray () oneunified net>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 13:48:01 -0400

To make a long story short, we suffered an inadvertent MS W2K AD DNS
DoS.
[Microsoft Windows 2000 Active Directory Domain Name Service Denial of
Service]
The company misconfigured their stuff and sent all their lookups our way
with milliseconds between requests.  We ended up blocking their address,
and things returned to normal.

Ray Burkholder