nanog mailing list archives

[no subject]

And one can easily change his/her local EUI so where's the problem
there?
One also mostly comes from the same /48 so where is the problem.

I know this - but many users don't and thats where the privacy issue
begins and ends.  I am encouraged by I think rfc 3041 which seems to
address the problem.

"Another obstacle raised by NANOG operators is that there is currently
no commercial demand for IPv6 at this time."

Which is true in the .US and mostly true in europe, but in Asia there
is demand and IPv6 is happening. And that America is lagging behind ah
well ;)

correct and thats mainly in G3 which vint addressed.

by the way - very nice site.  www.unfix.org - i didn't know putty had ipv6
support - so i'm looking forward to testing it.  Already have my 6to4 up
in amsterdam and hope to have another node in toronto or california next
month so the putty program will be useful.  It gets boring just playing
with ping6.

By the way is there any reason why developer have not yet integrated IPv6
into the standard ping program or traceroute.  It's a bit of a bother
having to ping sites using different programs depending on the protocol.
I assume putty handles both IPv4 and IPv6 - or is there a separate putty
IPv6 program?

regards
joe baptista