nanog mailing list archives

RE: IP address fee??

From: "Derek Samford" <dsamford () fastduck net>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 11:30:48 -0400

Just because I'm tired of this, it's mostly due to customer work. I
learned CIDR first and foremost. I payed near no attention to Classful
addressing. I just am in the habit, in particular, of saying Class C
instead of /24. Any other block I use the CIDR notation, and then still
have to explain how many this is. I cannot believe that everyone is
really being this ridiculous. Can you all let this thread die. Yes, we
should refer to everything as CIDR. No, 90% of our clients don't
understand that. Yes, sometimes that carries over into tech
conversations. Enough.

Derek