nanog mailing list archives

Re: Hunting for bogus BGP announcement for 204.106.93.155

From: "David G. Andersen" <dga () lcs mit edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 13:02:44 -0400

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 06:48:53PM +0200, Jesper Skriver mooed:

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 04:35:45PM +0100, Michael.Dillon () radianz com
wrote:

For the last two days, between approximately 7pm to 2am Eastern
time, a spammer hijacked a piece of our address space, presumably
by announcing some size of aggregate containing the IP address
204.106.93.155. During the time that the spammer had connectivity
using this bogus announcement,

RIS didn't pick anything up

Nor did our BGP monitors, nor our db of Routeviews.

http://bgp.lcs.mit.edu/

Interestingly, we se _no_ announcements of any netblock containing
this address, ever.  I assume you haven't brought this address space
on-line yet?

  -Dave

--
work: dga () lcs mit edu                          me:  dga () pobox com
      MIT Laboratory for Computer Science           http://www.angio.net/