nanog mailing list archives

Re: NANOG ISP Security BOF

From: Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 18:19:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, dgold wrote:
Why would you want peering coordinators to speak at a Security BOF? I
would think that you would want network engineers who are knowledgable in
backbone security techniques to speak. The interaction of this set to the
set of peering coordinators tends to be rather weak - not nonexistant,
just not very significant.

I think its an issue of who comes to NANOG. We want the security folks to
come to the BOF.  But if they aren't at NANOG, peering coordinators
are a decent second-try to contact someone who comes to NANOG, so the
next time we have a BOF the peering people can tell the security people
they should go.