nanog mailing list archives

Next NANOG meeting/stats

From: Susan Harris <srh () merit edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 15:16:38 -0500 (EST)

The next NANOG meeting will be held February 9-11, 2003, in Phoenix,
Arizona, where it will be warm and sunny. Registration opens January 2.
Our hosts for this meeting are Rodney Joffe and UltraDNS. Rodney, this is
the third time you've hosted NANOG, and we are very grateful for your
long-term support!

Below are some stats from our last meeting and an update on the list.
                             NANOG 26
                    Eugene, Oregon, Oct. 27-29
        Hosted by Sprint and the University of Oregon (thank you!)

   Total attendees:                     505
   Speakers:                             35 (3 panels)
   Total attending both NANOG & ARIN     93

   NAPs represented:                      8
   Univ/college/schools                  16
   Asia/Pacific/Africa                   36
   Europe                                17

   Attendees representing vendors       104
   Attendees representing ISPs          213
   R&E                                   63
   Other (gov't., software vendor,
     content, consultant)               125

   Wireless card loans:                  49
   Largest simultaneous # of
      wireless users:                   400

   Concurrent RealMedia viewers:        up to 101
   Concurrent multicast viewers:       ~20 to 30
   Unique multicast viewers:           ~50 to 100

   Meeting coordination:  Merit
   Squid cache:           Measurement Factory
   Sponsors:              Foundry, Adlex, Arbor
                          Cisco, Force10, Juniper
                          Packet Design, Seranoa, Redback

                        NANOG Email List Stats

Direct NANOG subscribers   5927