nanog mailing list archives

Re: new bind vuln

From: "Michael H. Warfield" <mhw () wittsend com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 00:21:07 -0500

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 12:06:04AM -0500, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

CERT said that the ISS advisory was to be released on 13 November, and
that the patch would be available from ISC next week.  There was no
indication about when CERT itself was going to issue an advisory, but
clearly someone said something a day earlier than had been expected.

        Cool...  That nails it then.  CERT had it wrong.  I think
Paul notified CERT, but I could be easily wrong on that and will verify...

        Thanks!

              http://www.wilyhacker.com ("Firewalls" book)

        Mike
--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  mhw () WittsEnd com
  /\/\|=mhw=|\/\/       |  (678) 463-0932   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/