nanog mailing list archives

Re: "VeriSign Moves DNS Server To Boost Security"

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 00:00:04 -0500

On Fri, 08 Nov 2002 18:44:09 PST, william () elan net  said:

server (but ISPs in its region would know about and us it). Are other
regions ever considered something like this to ease load on current root
servers or perhaps as a first step to having root server there?

Given the numbers presented on http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0210/wessels.html,
I suspect that the actual location won't matter.  As both Wessels and
Vixie have demonstrated, if we wanted to cut the load 30% real fast,
we'd implement 1918 filtering.  We wanted to cut the load 98%, we'd fix
all the OTHER stupidity.

--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Computer Systems Senior Engineer