nanog mailing list archives

Re: IP renumbering timeframe

From: "Grant A. Kirkwood" <grant () tnarg org>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 11:03:32 -0700

On Monday 06 May 2002 10:41 am, David Conrad wrote:
On 5/6/02 10:20 AM, "Grant A. Kirkwood" <grant () tnarg org> wrote:
I'm sorry, but ARIN's policy practically _encourages_ the "efficient
wasting" of space to qualify for PI space. This is one of the most
frustrating things to deal with.

As someone who used to run a registry, one of the most frustrating things
to deal with was watching ISPs pee in their own pool and then scream at
the registries 'cause the water was yellow.

Just how big should the DFZ be?

What are we trying to solve here? AFAIK, the policy exists because of the
supposed "shortage" of IP space.

Let's not regurgitate the "basement-multihomers" discussion.

--
Grant A. Kirkwood - grant () tnarg org
Fingerprint = D337 48C4 4D00 232D 3444 1D5D 27F6 055A BF0C 4AED