nanog mailing list archives

Re: Large ISPs doing NAT?

From: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol () JustThe net>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 18:48:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 3 May 2002, michael thomas guldan wrote:

It's prevalent elsewhere. I'd be surprised if there aren't more GSM
subscribers in the world than non-GSM subscribers.

GSM is *the* standard in Europe. Australia, Korea, Japan and a couple
other Pacific-Rim countries are primarily CDMA. South America is primarily
TDMA. Most of the rest of the world is GSM, if I'm not mistaken.

correct on all counts but japan..  no gsm in japan as of nov 2001 :-(

Read again, I said Japan is CDMA.
Although I think I was corrected on that.

3GSM is avalible tho...

http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/cou_jp.shtml

michael

--
Steve Sobol, CTO (Server Guru, Network Janitor and Head Geek)
JustThe.net LLC, Mentor On The Lake, OH  888.480.4NET   http://JustThe.net