nanog mailing list archives

Re: China's cable firms fight deadly turf war

From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 05:18:53 -0700

http://www.china.org.cn/english/2002/May/33528.htm "Qungdag found
the outside world entirely different when he walked out of the
Prison of Tibet Autonomous Region after serving his 8-year term
there...Qungdag opened a teahouse in Lhasa, capital of Tibet
Autonomous Region. Business soon boomed.  "I built up experience
in business management when I served as a member of the prison
catering management committee. And it worked in running the
teahouse...I benefited a lot from the skills and managerial
experience I learned in prison...""

Who needs a college degree or certs?  That's a non-issue, just go
to prison, become "educated" and get "skills and managerial
experience" Dilbert would luv it...

as i live in a country notorious for having more people in prison
than in tertiary education, i find this hopeful indeed.

randy