nanog mailing list archives

Re: KPNQwest

From: Michael Hallgren <m.hallgren () free fr>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 12:18:25 +0200 (MEST)

Quoting Rob Evans <rhe () nosc ja net>:

Considering the number of messages about companies going bust, this
one seems vaguely operational for some...
      http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/020529/200205292257000882_2.html

There are a number of quotes from "people familiar with the matter,"
but as I understand it the background is sound.  If KPNQ does have to
switch off their network, it will affect a large number of businesses
in Europe, as they offer both circuits (via their extensive
"Eurorings"
network) and IP connectivity (they acquired Ebone not too long ago).

Rob. I fully agree: operational importance, in deed and afaik, for
commercial as well as for R&E. Let's hope for some 11th hour fix...

mh

Rob

--
Michael Hallgren, http://m.hallgren.free.fr/, MH2198-RIPE