nanog mailing list archives

Re: PacBell Security/Abuse contact

From: Todd Suiter <todd () s4r com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 18:52:28 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Daniel M. Spielman wrote:

uchicago.edu

At 03:05 PM 3/25/2002 -0600, you wrote:
On Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:18:23 -0800
"Daniel M. Spielman" <dspiel () pacbell net> wrote:

         I've had a similar experience with their tech team. I was
         being dos'd from a college in Chicago so I contacted them to

Mind telling me what college?  Hopefully it wasn't us, but since I know
most of my local colleagues it might help if I contact them about this
so they know people on nanog are talking about them (things like that
always help get security the attention it deserves :-).

John

        Indeed, perhaps I should have passed this along sooner.  I've gotten
several bits of mail regarding this so:

PBI "security" noc: 925-973-7767

For whats its worth. Don't know how common that number is, but I wasn't told
to not pass it along. Person I got the number from didn't know the 800 number, sorry.