nanog mailing list archives

Re: SPEWS?

From: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol () JustThe net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:05:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Chrisy Luke wrote:

Can't find the terrorists you're looking for so start killing bystanders
until someone submits? Sounds militia to me.

And your suggested alternatives are...?

The service providers are not the enemies.

You'll never convince me of that fact as a generality... Many aren't. Some
simply don't care what happens on their network. For example, @Home, which
(in my direct experience) tried to actively discourage abuse reports.

--
Steve Sobol, CTO  JustThe.net LLC, Mentor On The Lake, OH  888.480.4NET
- I do my best work with one of my cockatiels sitting on each shoulder -