nanog mailing list archives

Re: Any opinions regarding Telehouse ?

From: "Grant A. Kirkwood" <grant () tnarg org>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:06:37 -0700 (PDT)

Martin Hannigan said:

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, joe mcguckin wrote:

We're seriously considering moving out of 1 Wilshire, due to Carlyle's
factor of eight fee increase for meet-me room cage rents and their
practice of insisting on charging us for items our contract
specifically says we can't be charged for.

One leading candidate for our new 'home' in LA is Telehouse. Any
opinions about them?

There's a building across the street from 1 that I believe did
move forward and install multiple zero manholes, and I also know
that 600 Wilshire may have done the same. The building across
the street from 1 ?? has an interconnected conduit TO 1 so you may want
to check that out. I'm not sure what your power or HVAC needs are, but
you could end up cutting a better deal with close fiber
easily cross connected from 1 Wilshire.. Sorry I can't remember
the exact number. I know it's there, I designed it.

-M

That's 611 6th st., aka AT&T Center. PAIX-LA is in that building.

--
Grant A. Kirkwood - grant(at)tnarg.org
Fingerprint = D337 48C4 4D00 232D 3444 1D5D 27F6 055A BF0C 4AED