nanog mailing list archives

Re: Error in assignments....?

From: Anne Marcel Roorda <marcel () slowthinkers net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 15:46:30 +0200

In message <17427469.1023807505 () LTP012682 kpnqwest com>, Kurt Erik Lindqvist wr
ites:

RADB are a routing registry not an address space registry.  Consult
ARIN, APNIC, RIPE, etc for IP space ownership details.  Any RADB
member can register pretty much any route/AS pair and many members
don't bother to put real details when it comes to owner of the route,
etc (putting the ISP instead of the customer).

Yes, and this is my point. There is one route with two different sources
AS:es...

  Shit happens.

Now, if I where to try and filter on this, I would have a problem....and
after all, one of the advantages of a routing registry is that you can
filter from it...

  Mirror the information that is relevant to you, and create an exception
database. Merge those two, and create your filters from there.

  Then you can start bugging your peers to update their information.

- marcel