nanog mailing list archives

Re: NANOG25 - MRTG Stats for Hotel Network

From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu () deaddrop org>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 06:44:22 -0700

Simon Lockhart wrote:

On Mon Jun 10, 2002 at 07:24:52AM -0400, Susan Harris wrote:
Randy, please talk with me before posting any more messages.

I appreciate that this was a mis-post, but it does raise the question
of whether the NANOG list is an open forum or not...

Considering the LARGE number of messages that are posted here that are
truly non-operational (such as whether certain people have connectivity on
their DSL line), I suspect that Susan was far more concerned with the
slashdot effect of a bazillion people going to look at the bandwidth link
(for the hotel router) that Randy had posted.

I think you are reading too much into the original post.

If the issue is with meeting messages being on the main NANOG list, can
I suggest setting up a seperate mailing list for NANOG meeting attendees,
where non-operational content can be posted?

I hope not. I imagine that one of the niceties for those not attending is
listening in on the exchanges. At least someone's having a good time.

--
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                                       Benjamin Franklin