nanog mailing list archives

RE: route authentication

From: Joshua Wright <Joshua.Wright () jwu edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 10:35:40 -0400

I am encouraging my local ISP/consortium (www.oshean.org) to utilize MD5
auth for BGP, but have been unsuccessful so far.  The most difficult
challenge I face there is convincing people of the "need" with the lack of a
published exploit that the MD5 authentication would prevent.

So much for best practices. <sigh>

-Joshua Wright
Team Leader, Networks and Systems
Johnson & Wales University