nanog mailing list archives

RE: No one behind the wheel at WorldCom

From: "Frank Scalzo" <frank.scalzo () amerinex net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 21:21:16 -0400

What vendor by default does not take action on no-export???

Certainly cisco and juniper both honor it by default.

To get back to the original question of 63/9 being announced it can be entertaining to watch for other fishy routes to
show up in the routing table, like 63/8. I know of at least one outage caused because someone advertised a route like
that. The underlying problem, is that there are no good widely deployed solutions for controlling what the large
backbones inject into the routing table at peering points. A large tier 1 deaggregates towards another bad things
happen. It would be nice if there was a supportable way to only allow one isp to advertise appropriate routes to
another. The IRR stuff is a neat idea but I dont think many ISPs trust it enough to use it to build ACLs.