nanog mailing list archives

RE: NAT Router for other purposes

From: Joe Blanchard <jblanchard () wyse com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:19:26 -0800

I Totally agree. No reason for an ISP to charge for such things.
Reminds me of the days when the phone company used to charge
per phone before they were broken up.

I have a feeling that in the future, perhaps, it will be a per packet cost.
At one place I worked each Dept was charged xxx per Gigabyte of
data transfered to and from their respective segments.
Maybe this will slide into the home market someday don't know.

Cheers
-Joe Blanchard