nanog mailing list archives

Re: Outage in SF area

From: Alex Rubenstein <alex () nac net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 21:54:02 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Maybe old news by now, but at some point I saw a UA notice about 72 + 144
strands being cut in a construction site somewhere..

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Leo Bicknell wrote:

In a message written on Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 04:16:01PM -0800, Erich Kuehn wrote:
Has anyone noticed an outage in the SF bay area? I was told by MCI Worldcom
that there was a Major Fiber cut in the area that affected mulitple OC-192's
and OC-48's can anyone confirm this?

I can confirm that a Worldcom cable in downtown San Francisco has been
cut.  I believe other providers were in the same trench as well.

--
       Leo Bicknell - bicknell () ufp org - CCIE 3440
Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request () tmbg org, www.tmbg.org

-- Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, alex () nac net, latency, Al Reuben --
--    Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net   --