nanog mailing list archives

Re: DNS DOS increasing?

From: "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb () research att com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 20:43:22 -0500

In message <24810615.1012581411@[172.25.106.112]>, Mike Batchelor writes:

Stop allowing the world to recurse through your authoritative servers.
This invites abuse.

Provide a separate set of servers for your customers to recurse through,
which serve no authoritative data and which have access restricted to your
own network and your customers'.

--On Saturday, January 19, 2002 1:59 PM -0500 Matt Martini