nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cisco OSMs for 65XX

From: Alex Rubenstein <alex () nac net>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 15:41:32 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Expense?

(I'll preface this by saying that even though I have not used OSM, I have
used 6509/MSFC2 a lot and like it greatly).

Expense?

Used Juniper gear, even when re-certing it, is still probably orders of
magnitudes cheaper than OSM.

Live life. Get a couple M20's, and some 6509-SUP2 (non-MSFC) with GE
uplinks. You'll be happy, it will be stable, and you'll not spend a lot of
money.