nanog mailing list archives

RE: Is the PAIX Palo Alto taking a dump?

From: Lane Patterson <lpatterson () equinix com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 14:55:06 -0700

But LINX, Equinix, and other exchanges have been very stable on Foundry
running both layer 2 and layer 3 code images.  So I don't think all the
blame falls on Foundry.  I think a rigorous hardware/software support plan,
aggressive management of vendor support, sufficient test lab, and
conservative upgrade process are just as essential to stability.

Of course what I really want for Xmas is a Force10 box ;-)

Cheers,
-Lane