nanog mailing list archives

Re: NANOG, its decline in s/n

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 17:45:29 -0400

On Thu, 08 Aug 2002 14:32:14 PDT, Scott Granados said:
I think you have some really good points.  I think a lot of us have
fairly dark but similar senses of humor.  Its likely that  aybe people
not used to this take things the wrong way sometimes.  I'm however not
against being operation or careful and respectful but I actually enjoy
some of the tongue and cheek responses on here.

I've said it about the IETF list, but it's equally applicable here.

The average poster has a fairly high chance of not being "all there" - which
is not surprising, as this is a self-reinforcing state in our industry.
After all - most of us have as our claim to fame the ability to talk to
inanimate objects and convince them they want to listen to us.
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Computer Systems Senior Engineer