nanog mailing list archives

Re: UUNET instability?

From: Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:51:45 -0400 (EDT)

That's unusual.  A train derailment usually effects more than one
provider, and normally does not cause network-wide BGP resets.

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Daniel Kelley wrote:
UUNET support says that the outage relates to a train derailment in the
northeast that occured this morning.  master ticket no. 562655.

dan

Anyone else seeing routing instability through UUNET or have any more
details?  I saw a significant drop in my inbound and outbound traffic to
them around 10:00AM EDT.  UUNET has a prompt on their phone menus about
network instability, but didn't elaborate.  Their NOC doesn't have any
more details as of yet that they're passing along.

jms