nanog mailing list archives

Re: Military asking to ISPs to shut down equipment?

From: Jim Shankland <nanog () shankland org>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 08:24:25 -0700

Randy writes:

We just received a call from our ISP that they were
contacted by Quest Communications who is a major National
ISP who in tern was contacted by the Military and were asked
to shut down a lot of their equipment connecting clients to
the Internet so that there would be more bandwidth. Other
ISP supposedly received the same call.

i received a call telling me to send all my money to nigeria.

Note also that the military contacted the ISP "in tern" -- surely it's
significant that the military is using some variant of RFCs 2549 or 1149.

As Nostradamus said, "In the City of God there will be much guano,
on buildings, statues, and verily, even filling communication lines."

Jim Shankland