nanog mailing list archives

Re: The Gorgon's Knot. Was: Re: Verio Peering Question

From: Bob K <melange () yip org>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 15:44:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

On Friday 28 September 2001, at 18 h 17,
"Joseph T. Klein" <jtk () titania net> wrote:

would have problems given larger route tables. We all don't have routers
that can easily chew through a 100,000+ line BGP table.

I believe it is a legend. Unless you use Cisco 25xx to have a full BGP feed.

Any Taiwan-made PC can swallow much more. The limit is not clear but is
certainly far away from us.

I'm pretty sure the limitations are dependant on how much memory one has
in one's routers as opposed to the type of router used.  (ie, a 75xx would
run into problems if it has 128MB of RAM but not if it has 256MB given a
100k+ line BGP table)

(But *please* correct me if I'm wrong)

--
Bob <melange () yip org> | We're all wrong.