nanog mailing list archives

Re: Points of Failure (was Re: National infrastructure asset)

From: bmanning () vacation karoshi com
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 20:40:47 +0000 (UCT)

Being at the
end of a 6,000 foot T1 circuit to a CO is the worst of both worlds.

        Hum... but in this case I have direct control on the
        physical access to my hardware.  For some, this outweighes
        the "proximity to diversity" of telecoms paths. If I want
        (non-authentic) copies of the data spread far and wide, thats
        a service I can buy from a number of suppliers. I don't have
        to put -MY- hardware close to the telecoms mesh. I want my
        keyserver where I know I can protect it from barbarian hordes.
        In such a case, a long, thin gauntlet might be the best choice.

--bill