nanog mailing list archives

Re: Worm probes

From: ravi pina <ravi () cow org>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 11:35:28 -0400

indeed.  scanning for strings that appear to be associated
with the Concept Virus(CV) V.5, there is a tremendous
increase in bandwidth usage.  today alone i match:

/scripts:    18013
/_vti_bin:     1885
_mem_bin:     1916
/ms_adc/:     1945
/winnt/system32:    27648

bugtraq is starting to get in the preliminary reports
of this worm.  beware that infected host's home pages
contain a javascript that sends you to a page that
attempts to send you a copy of the worm.  fantastic, eh?

-r